For those of you who would like to learn how to windsurf or to improve your skills, our center in Mauritius offers a comprehensive choice of lesson programs to choose from.
All of our windsurfing instructors have an international certification and many year experience, lessons are offered in English, French, German, Russian and Creole.
Our standard daily Windsurfing lessons times are 09:30 a.m 11:30 a.m and 14:30 p.m. In addition to those windsurfing lesson scheduled on a daily basis, we are offering several individually design windsurfing lessons throughout the day.
Due to the more gentle winds in the mornings we generally organise children and beginners for the 09:30 session which lasts for two hours.
During the afternoon the wind is usually stronger and therefore creates the perfect windsurfing playground for the Intermediate and Advanced windsurfers where lessons can cover topics from waterstart to advanced wave riding.
The main aim during your instruction session is for you to improve your windsurfing skills and take home with you a range of exercises you can practice regularly to keep on improving.
Investing a little into improving will get you sailing better and keep you on the water longer as technique takes over from muscle.
The following list will help you to orientate yourself a little better with our teaching options and help to make it easier for you to choose the correct Windsurfing Instruction program.
- Level 1: Beginner
- Experience: None, or very little windsurf experience
- Need to learn: Windsurfing independently in light winds. Tacking and going upwind. Beachstarts and the use of the harness
- Courses for you: Grouplessons with a maximum of 4 windsurfers per instructor. Each Windsurfsession will take 2 hours. After 3-5 sessions you should be good to go.
- All the equipnment, wetsuit, shoes, helmet and floatation vest is required are included in the beginner packages.
- Level 2: Intermediate
- Experience: Windsurfing independently without drifting. Beachstarts are no problem anymore and you know how to use the harness in light winds
- Need to learn: Waterstarts & Windsurfing in the Footstraps
- Courses for you: Semi Private Windsurf Lessons with only 2 Students per Instructor.
- Level 3: Advanced
- Experience: Waterstarts & Windsurfing in the footstraps
- Need to learn: Carve Jibes or any other form of Jibe, Jumping or any modern freestyle move
- Courses for you: Private Windsurf Lessons only you and your instructor.
The list above, is meant as a guide to help you choose the right lesson program, more options are available for both pre booking and locally over the counter.
N.B. Intermediate and Advanced lessons need to be booked with board rental unless you have your own equipment.